Friday, June 10, 2022

Garden Flowers and Spring Blossoms.

The Sense of Smell 

My favorite scents growing up in Fresno California were the four 0'Clock's, Mexican morning glories. In the springtime, olive blossoms smelled so good with the morning dew. I grew up on a street called Lemon, that street was lined with olive trees, chinaberry trees, maple trees, and in our back yard we had trees that framed the yard. 

@Photos from The Farmer Fred Rant

@Photo is from The Farmer Fred Rant

I remember my mother's little flower garden, which grew outside of my bedroom window, with roses, ferns, bachelor buttons, and wildflowers.  There was also an almond tree, a walnut tree, several varieties of peach trees, pomegranate trees, a mulberry tree,  a persimmon, 3 small canning peach trees, 3  maple trees, a loquat tree next to the house, in the front yard there was an orange tree, a Myers lemon tree, and 2 olive trees. 

Photo by Ina Lunkenheimer, Pankow Berlin Germany 2011

This summer while I was in Pankow I visited a neighborhood park, where we painted the landscape. While sitting there calming my spirit I was reflecting on my childhood memories. The trees I remember most because we had shade in the summertime, and we also hugged the trees. I climbed the trees as far as I could go up until my mother called me down. I loved those trees I loved how excited I felt climbing from limb to limb, searching for fruit, and perching on the just-right limb as I watched the other kids playing.

No comments: